1940s WWII USAF A-2 Leather Flight Jacket Size S/M
Jacket, Flying, Type A-2. Probably the most popular WWII flight jacket there is, and this is one is very unique with it's frog skin camouflage sleeve lining. You can read more about the history of the A-2 jacket in the Gentleman's Gazette here.
- Originally made for summer use for the USAF
- Some where manufactured of 'Seal Brown' horsehide, some cowhide or goatskin. We believe this one is made of cowhide
- Cotton/linnen lining
- 'Frog Skin' camo lining in sleeves, that was often used from leftover parachute silk
- Knitted cuffs and waistband
- Simple two pocket design with hidden stud buttons
- 40's style Talon zippered front opening
- Button down collar with hidden stud buttons
- Throat latch
- Shoulder straps
- Single piece back
- A truly unique and rare garment, that true vintage aficionados will find almost holy. Unfortunately we do not have the original tags or labels, that would make the jacket even more attractable.
Condition: Leather is soft and ready to wear, but it also some creases, dry spots and smaller cracks. It can be treated with a leather oil, but we will leave that up to the future owner. Lining also has some minor holes. Make sure to inspect all photos and ask any questions you might have, before purchasing.
- Size: The original manufacturers label is not present. We believe this jacket will fit a mens S or M. Please see all measurements before purchase:
Pit to pit: 20.5”
Shoulder to shoulder: 17”
Sleeve from shoulder to end of cuff: 25"
Length frontside: 22.5"
Length down back from neckline: 24.3”
(Tags: A2, flight jacket, leather jacket, bomber)