1940s WWII Stenciled USN N-1 Deck Jacket Size 38 (Fits M)
- Navy Department Contract NXsx 83383
- Made in USA
- Introduced in 1944 as the 3rd pattern US Navy Deck Jacket - The N-1. Made famous by celebrities such as James Dean, Paul Newman etc. and also favored by veterans, bikers, hot rodders and outcasts.
- Outer made of 100% cotton Grosgrain referred to as “Jungle Cloth”
- Inner lining made of 100% alpaca wool
- Wool cuffs
- Original buttons and original Talon zipper
- Storm flap on collar
- Stenciled USN on chest
- Stenciled on the back - Unfortunately unreadable
- Air vents at armpits
- Drawstring at waist
- Very warm and very durable
Condition: (G-) Good vintage condition considered that these work jackets usually are with very much wear. Some smaller holes on the front, and some on sleeves. See pics. Cuffs and pockets are in good condition. Collar has also shedded some wool, which is quite typical on these. Inner lining is perfect.
Size: This jacket is labeled as a 38 and fits a mens modern M in our opinion. Could also fit a mens S with an extra layer worn under.
Please see measurements below:
- Pit to pit: 21.5”
- Shoulder to shoulder: 18,5”
- Sleeve from shoulder to end of cuff: 24,5”
- Length front: 23.5”
- Length from neckline down back: 26.4”