1940s Stenciled WWII USN N-1 Deck Jacket Size 36 (Fits M)
- Navy Department Contract NXsx 93427
- Introduced in 1944 as the 3rd pattern US Navy Deck Jacket - The N-1, and made famous by celebrities such as James Dean, Paul Newman etc. and also favored by veterans, bikers and outcasts.
- Outer made of 100% cotton grosgrain referred to as “Jungle Cloth”
- Inner lining made of 100% alpaca wool
- Cuffs made of wool
- Zip and button closure
- Storm flap on collar
- Nice darker color than the typical lighter faded khaki/tan
- Stenciled USN and Bridge on chest
- Stenciled SSBN 622 314 on back
- Was used on USS James Monroe in the 1960’s
- Original working HBT Talon zipper with leather pull
- Very warm and very durable
Condition: EX+ Other than salty seawater wash and tag and hem drawstring missing, this jacket is like new. No rips, holes, repairs, frayed edges etc.
Size: This jacket is not labeled, but one cutter-tag reads 36. It fits bigger than that in our opinion and would fit a mens modern size M. Please leave at least 0,5" for the lining as this jacket is thick.
Please see measurements below:
- Pit to pit: 21,5”
- Shoulder to shoulder: 18,2”
- Sleeve from shoulder to end of cuff: 25,2”
- Length front: 23,5”
- Length from neckline down back: 27”