1940s WWII M-43 Field Jacket Incl. Hood Size 36-R (Fits M/L)
The US Army needed a longer and more water & wind repellent jacket than the M-41 and developed the M-1943 Field Jacket. It was proved very versatile and became the base design for future field jackets - The M-50, M-51 and M-65.
- Used by the US Army during WWII and also seen in Hollywood movies and TV like Band of Brothers, Saving Private Ryan and Fury.
- Four larger cargo pockets on front
- OD#7 olive green
- Made of heavy cotton twill
- Pockets lined with HBT cotton
- Drawstring at waist
- Shoulder straps
- Button adjusters at cuffs
- Button-up collar with storm flap
- Original brown Urea Buttons
- To be worn over layers of clothing or over the M-43 pile liner
- Attachable M-43 cotton hood also included - To be worn under helmet
- Original manufacturers label is present inside pocket, but is not readable
Condition: One button missing on cuff. Some paint spots on sleeve and back. Very small paint splatters on the front. Please inspect all photos or ask any questions before purchase.
- Size: Labeled as a mens 36-Regular and fits a mens modern size M or a slim L in our opinion. Please see measurements below before purchase:
- Pit to pit: 22"
- Shoulder to shoulder: 19"
- Sleeve from shoulder to end of cuff: 24.5”
- Length front: 27.5”
- Length back from neckline: 29”