1940s WWII M-43 Field Jacket Size 36-R (Fits M/L)
The US Army needed a longer and more water & wind repellent jacket than the M-41 and developed the M-1943 Field Jacket. It was proved very versatile and became the base design for future field jackets - The M-50, M-51 and M-65.
- Used by the US Army during WWII and also seen in Hollywood movies and TV like Band of Brothers, Saving Private Ryan and Fury.
- Four larger cargo pockets on front
- OD#7 olive green
- Made of heavy cotton twill
- Drawstring at waist
- Shoulder straps
- Button adjusters at cuffs
- Button-up collar with storm flap
- Original brown Urea Buttons
- To be worn over layers of clothing or over the M-43 pile liner
Condition: Outstanding condition considering the age. Adjuster buttons missing on cuffs and two buttons missing in front opening. Small rip on the back (see photo) Some fraying at cuffs and only a few signs of wear to the fabric.
- Size: Labeled as a mens 36-Rand fits a mens modern size M or a slim L in our opinion. Please see measurements below before purchase:
- Pit to pit: 22”
- Shoulder to shoulder: 19.5”
- Sleeve from shoulder to end of cuff: 24”
- Length front: 27.5”
- Length back from neckline: 30”