1940s Stenciled WWII USN N-1 Deck Jacket Size 38 (Fits M)
- Late 40's Navy Department Contract NXsx 88197
- Introduced in 1944 as the 3rd pattern US Navy Deck Jacket - The N-1, and made famous by celebrities such as James Dean, Paul Newman etc. and also favored by veterans, bikers and outcasts.
- Outer made of 100% cotton grosgrain referred to as “Jungle Cloth”
- Inner lining made of 100% alpaca wool
- Cuffs made of wool
- Zip and button closure
- All original buttons
- Storm flap on collar
- Stenciled USN on chest
- Stenciled USS Rowan DD 782 5 on the back
- Airvents at armpits
- Drawstring at waist
- Original working rare HBT Conmar 'Bell' zipper with leather pull
- Very warm and very durable
Condition: (EX-) Excellent condition with original neck label, smaller marks from wear that are barely visible. Alpaca has light shedding in the collar, but dark and dense throughout the lining. Barely any fraying at edges, pockets and cuffs that these jacket usually have. Wool cuffs have 1 or 2 smaller bites.
Size: This jacket is labeled as a 38 and fits a mens modern M in our opinion.
Please see measurements below:
- Pit to pit: 22,5”
- Shoulder to shoulder: 18,5”
- Sleeve from shoulder to end of cuff: 24,5”
- Length front: 24”
- Length from neckline down back: 27”