1940s Stenciled WWII USN N-1 Deck Jacket Size 38 (Fits S)
Introduced in 1944 as the 3rd pattern US Navy Deck Jacket - The N-1, and made famous by celebrities such as James Dean, Paul Newman etc. and also favored by veterans, bikers and outcasts.
- Outer made of 100% cotton Grosgrain referred to as “Jungle Cloth”
- Inner lining made of 100% alpaca wool
- Cuffs made of wool
- Zip and button closure
- Storm flap on collar
- Stenciled USN and TAP 176 432 on the back. Both very clear and visible
- Nice light khaki color
- Original buttons
- Airvents in armpits
- Drawstring at hem
- Very warm and very durable
Condition: (VG-) Smaller marks, light shedding on collar, but almost no fraying on edges and no holes. Unfortunately the zipper is broken and would need a replacement. Jacket can still be closed with buttons.
Size: This jacket is labeled as a size 38, but fits smaller and would fit a mens modern size S.
Please see measurements below:
- Pit to pit: 21,5"
- Shoulder to shoulder: 18”
- Sleeve from shoulder to end of cuff: 24,5”
- Length front: 23,5”
- Length from neckline down back: 26”