The original N-1 Deck Jacket used by the US Navy in the 1940’s
- Introduced in 1944 as the 3rd pattern US Navy Deck Jacket - The N-1, and made famous by celebrities such as James Dean, Paul Newman etc. and also favored by veterans, bikers and hotrodders.
- 100% Cotton grossgrain “Jungle Cloth” outer and alpaca wool inner.
- Stenciled “USN” on the Left side chest and “LST 863” on the back
- “Fevold, N” is written with a pen. Possibly the original owner.
- Original HBT Talon zipper runs perfect
- Label in neck is faded and ripped as typically seen on these jackets
- All buttons are replaced with period correct brown buttons
- Wool cuffs
- Drawstring at waist
- Storm neck flap
Condition: One repair on right arm. Alpaca is in good condition on the torso, but collar is not. This is common on these jackets as the alpaca hair tends to shed a bit. Paint marks on sleeves and back and small rips on are present on cuffs. Looks great and really shows the history and durability that these utility jackets have.
- Size is a 36 and fits a modern S or M. Please keep in mind that the jacket is lined so the measurements might look like it is a big jacket, but the heavy alpaca lining makes up for that.
- Pit to pit: 21"
- Shoulders: 19"
- Sleeves from shoulder to cuff: 24"
- Length down back from neckline: 26"