1950s M-51 ‘Fishtail’ Hooded Parka Size M (Fits L)
- Rare and sort after hooded military parka
- Saw widespread use in Korea in the early 1950's
- Very popular with the fashionable subculture Mods in the 1960's and 1970's
- Made of 100% cotton poplin
- OG-107 olive green
- Early variant with brown urea buttons
- Original HBT Conmar alu wire zipper with pull (not working proberly)
- Original working stud buttons
- Elastic adjusters on cuffs
- Shoulder straps
- Stud buttons buttons on 'fishtail'
- Drawstrings at hem and hood (missing at waist)
- Leather pulls on hood
- Two hand warmer pockets with soft flannel lining
- Buttons inside for liner attachment
- Handwriting in neck
Condition: Zipper is not running, but can be replaced or possibly fixed. Parka can still be used and closed with the buttons. Worn & faded light green color. Smaller scruffs and spots are visible.
Size: M is handwritten in neck. In our opinion this parka will fit a men's L or a short XL. These parkas were made to be worn over many layers of thick clothing and equipment. See measurements below before purchase:
- Pit to pit: 29"
- Shoulder to shoulder: 22.5"
- Sleeve from shoulder to end of cuff: 25"
- Length front: 33.5" (Measured from neckline)
- Length back: 40" (Measured from neckline to end of fishtail)
- Tags: M51, M1951, M-51, Field Jacket, Fishtail, Parka