1950s M-51 'Fishtail' Parka Size M/L
- Rare and sort after hooded military parka
- Saw widespread use in Korea in the early 1950's
- Very popular with the fashionable subculture Mods in the 1960's and 1970's
- Made of 100% cotton poplin
- OG-107 olive green
- Early variant with brown urea buttons
- Original contrast HBT Talon wire zipper with pull
- Original stud buttons
- Elastic adjusters on cuffs
- Shoulder straps
- Stud buttons buttons on 'fishtail'
- Drawstrings at hem, waist and hood. Leather pulls on hood
- Two hand warmer pockets with flannel lining
- Buttons inside for liner attachment
- No signs of manufacturers tags or labels, but indeed the real deal
Condition: Great vintage condition with smaller signs of wear. One repair on lower right side front and has been done professionally with a reinforced backside. Good overall soft fade/wash to the olive green poplin.
Size: A boxy wide fit, but the measurements of shoulders and sleeves indicate that the parka will fit a men's M or a short L. These parkas were made to be worn over many layers of thick clothing and equipment. See measurements below before purchase:
- Pit to pit: 27.5"
- Shoulder to shoulder: 20"
- Sleeve from shoulder to end of cuff: 24"
- Length front: 33.5"
- Length back: 41" (Measured from neckline to end of fishtail)
- Tags: M51, M1951, M-51, Field Jacket, Fishtail, Parka