1951 M-51 ‘Fishtail’ Hooded Parka With Liner Size L (Fits XL/XXL)
- Rare and sort after hooded military parka
- Saw widespread use in Korea in the early 1950's
- Very popular with the fashionable subculture Mods in the 1960's and 1970's
- Dated 1951
- Made of 100% cotton poplin
- OG-107 olive green
- Early variant with brown urea buttons
- Original contrast HBT Talon alu wire zipper with pull
- Original working stud buttons
- Elastic adjusters on cuffs
- Shoulder straps
- Stud buttons buttons on 'fishtail'
- Drawstrings at hem, waist and hood
- Leather pulls on hood
- Two hand warmer pockets with soft flannel lining
- Buttons inside for liner attachment
- Original manufacturers stamps in neck
- Original M-51 liner included
Condition: 9.5/10 condition. Poplin still has a sheen to it, and looks as it was manufactured yesterday. The eyelets on waist drawstring have come loose and there is a small fraying on the hood. Other than that, the jacket is like new. Liner is also in great condition, but has a few loose stitches.
Size: Labeled as a L. In our opinion this parka will fit a men's XL or XXL. These parkas were made to be worn over many layers of thick clothing and equipment. See measurements below before purchase:
- Pit to pit: 31"
- Shoulder to shoulder: 25"
- Sleeve from shoulder to end of cuff: 26.5"
- Length back: 42" (Measured from neckline to end of fishtail)
- Tags: M51, M1951, M-51, Field Jacket, Fishtail, Parka