1952 Deadstock M-51 ‘Fishtail’ Hooded Parka Size M (Fits L/XL)
- Rare and sort after hooded military parka
- Saw widespread use in Korea in the early 1950's
- Very popular with the fashionable subculture Mods in the 1960's and 1970's
- Dated 1-14-1952
- Made of 100% cotton poplin
- OG-107 olive green
- Early variant with brown urea buttons
- Original contrast HBT Crown alu wire zipper with pull
- Original working stud buttons
- Elastic adjusters on cuffs
- Shoulder straps
- Stud buttons buttons on 'fishtail'
- Drawstrings at hem, waist and hood
- Leather pulls on hood
- Two hand warmer pockets with soft flannel lining
- Buttons inside for liner attachment
- Original manufacturers stamps in neck
Condition: Amazing Deadstock condition. A few signs from storage. Poplin still has a sheen to it, and looks as it was manufactured yesterday. Please note that this parka may shrink when washed, as it appears to never have been laundered.
Size: Labaled as a M. In our opinion this parka will fit a men's L or XL. These parkas were made to be worn over many layers of thick clothing and equipment. See measurements below before purchase:
- Pit to pit: 29"
- Shoulder to shoulder: 23"
- Sleeve from shoulder to end of cuff: 25.5"
- Length front: 34.5"
- Length back: 42,5" (Measured from neckline to end of fishtail)
- Tags: M51, M1951, M-51, Field Jacket, Fishtail, Parka