1958 M-51 Field Jacket with Liner Size M-Long (Fits L/XL)
- The predecessor to the iconic M-65 - One of the most versatile jackets ever made.
- Made in the USA by Southern Aviation Mfg. Inc. Co.
- Dated January 31st 1958
- OG-107 Olive green QM Shade 9oz Cotton/Sateen outer - Poplin cotton inner
- Four cargo front pockets
- Apprentice zipper with pull
- Brown Urea buttons (1950's style)
- Original snap buttons all working
- Woolen pocket lining
- Drawstrings at waist and hem
- Hood attachment available
- Original labels present
- Inside buttons for liner attachment
- Original M-51 mohair frieze liner jacket included
- Rare to see an M-5 in this size in such good condition
- Condition: Very nice condition with only minor wear to cuffs and hem. Liner has a small rip in the back of neck. Other than that, excellent. A slight fade to the dark olive greencolor, and fabric feels strong. All buttons present.
Size: Size tag reads M-Long, but these jackets are designed to be worn over many layers of clothing. It fits a modern mens L with the liner attached or an XL without the liner, in our opinion. Allow 1-2" extra room when liner is attached. All measurements have been taken on the outside.
Please see measurements below before purchase:
- Pit to pit: 23.5"
- Shoulders: 21”
- Sleeve from shoulder: 26”
- Length front: 30”
- Length back: 33”
Tags: Field Jacket, M51, M-51, M1951