The US Military needed a new jacket for tropical conditions when the conflict in South-East Asia escalated in the early 1960's. This extremely rare version of the "Jungle Jacket" was the first attempt. With a windproof and quick drying 5,5oz cotton poplin, shoulder straps, side adjusters and exposed buttons. Meant to be worn loose so air could ventilate through the jacket. The jacket saw war-time in the early 1960's and later replaced with the 2nd and 3rd pattern jackets which didn't have the exposed buttons.
- Made in USA in the early 1960's
- 5,5oz 100% cotton poplin
- Olive green 107
- Four large cargo pockets with drainage holes
- Exposed buttons
- Shoulder straps
- Waist adjusters
- Cuff adjusters
- Gasflap for keeping chemical agents out
- All original buttons present
Condition: VG+ Near mint condition. Tags are missing, as they often are on these older JJ's. A couple of very very small rips are visable on front chest, on the back and one near the collar. Jacket has such a good overall fade to light green.
- Size: Jacket is a Small-Regular, but would fit a modern mens M in our opinion. Please have a look at the measurements below before purchase:
- Pit to pit: 21,3”
- Shoulder to shoulder: 19”
- Length of sleeve from shoulder to cuff: 23”
- Length front: 26”
- Length back: 30”
Price is including shipping in the EU.