1958 USN Wool Pea Coat Size 38 (Fits M/L)
- The pea coat has been a staple garment for many generations of men, and still a very popular and versatile military garment, that has been copied and reproduced extensively over the years. This is the real deal. To read more about the design and history, check out this article from Heddels.com
- Used by the sailors of the US Navy from the early 1900's to this day.
- Double breasted wool jacket with two slanted handwarmer pockets
- Heavy 30oz dark blue melton wool outer with a soft satin lining
- 8 original anchor buttons
- Dated 1958
- Large collar that can easily be folded up in harsh conditions
- Contrast tan colored corduroy lining inside pockets
- Original US Navy label inside right front placket
- Inside pocket on both right and left side front placket
- Stenciled inside two places (unfortunately unreadable)
Condition: Very good condition, with unnoticeable wear. No rips, holes or spots. Some minor normal wear to the collar.
Size: Labeled as a 38. It will fit a mens modern size L in our opinion. Please see measurements below before purchase:
- Pit to pit: 21.5"
- Shoulder to shoulder 19.5"
- Sleeve from shoulder to end of cuff: 25.8"
- Length front: 29"
- Length back: 34"