1972 USN/USMC WEP Flight Jacket Size 40-L (Fits M/L)
Originally made as a liner jacket as part of the survival suit worn by Naval Aviators (USN, USMC & Harrier pilots), but was unofficially adopted as a flight jacket. The MIL-S-18342 (or simply referred to as WEP) is rare a sort after military item.
- Made in USA by Kings Point Mfg. Co.
- Dated 1972
- 100% lightweight nylon outer in classic OG-107 olive green
- Cotton inner and poly-fill interlining
- Two cargo pockets with stud buttons
- Pencil slot in left chest pocket
- Shoulder pocket with stud button
- Knitted wool cuffs and neckline
- Elasticated waistband
- HBT Scovil Gripper zipper with leather pull
- Bi-swing gussets on back for free movement
- Original manufacturers label in neck
- Short and boxy fit
Condition: This jacket has been worn. Several signs of wear, smaller spots and rips: One rip on right chest pocket and one of left arm by the armpit. Lining also has a few rips which is very common on these. One repair on left arm by the armpit. Knitting also has some bites. Please inspect all photos and ask question regarding the condition before purchase.
- Size: Marked as a 40-L. It can fit a variety of sizes due to the wide chest: A size S with layers under or for a slightly oversized fit. A size M to go for that true fit or short L for a more modern fit. Please see actual measurements below before purchase:
- Pit to pit: 23.5”
- Shoulder to shoulder: 19”
- Sleeve from shoulder to end of cuff: 25”
- Length front from bottom of neckline: 19”
- Length from neckline down back: 24”