Early 1950s Woolrich Woolen Mills Mackinaw Hunting Jacket Size 42 (M/L)
John Rich founded Woolrich Woolen Mills in Plum Run, Pennsylvania USA in 1830, where lumberjacks and huntsmen needed durable coats and jackets. The 'Buffalo Plaid' Mackinaw is one of the most iconic wool outerwear garments and the quality is built to last a lifetime. Read more about Woolrich in this article by Heddels.
- Made in Pennsylvania, USA in the early 1950's
- 100% fine wool outer
- Soft contrast flannel lining
- Beautiful red and black 'Buffalo Plaid'
- Two small buttoned chest pockets
- Two large buttoned handwarmer pockets
- Two buttoned lower cargo pockets
- One big game pocket on back with one buttoned opening in each side
- Buttoned adjusters cuffs
- Wool cuffs inside sleeves
- All original buttons
- Storm flap on collar
- Original rayon label in neck
Condition: Amazing condition for a jacket this age.Three smaller holes in the wool on front as seen in photos. Some wear to the back and some staining to the side of the lining.
- Size: Labeled as a size 42. In our best judgement this jacket will fit a mens modern size M or L. Please see all measurements below before purchase:
- Pit to pit: 24"
- Shoulder to shoulder: 20"
- Sleeve from shoulder to end of cuff: 24.3"
- Length front: 27.5"
- Length back: 30"