This rare vest has many nicknames. “Tanker Vest” and “Paramarine Vest” among others. They were used in China by The Marines in the late 1940’s and later in the Korean conflict in the early 1950’s, as they grew popular among marines to protect them against the harsh climate. The two we have for sale are the early dark olive green versions.
- Dark olive green
- Cotton Poplin outer
- Thick alpaca wool inner
- Heavy-duty HBT Talon zipper that runs perfect
- Named J.C Coblentz, USMC and the number 570595 on the back.
Versitile garment that can be used as a layering piece in winter over or under a denim/leather jacket. Works well with a shirt for spring as well.
Condition: (Vg-) Some frayed edges and smaller marks. One tiny hole on lower front. Other than that, very good condition.
- Size: No size is marked, and in our opinion it would fit a mens L with a t-shirt under or a mens M with a jacket under. Please see measurments before purchase:
- Pit to pit: 21,5”
- Shoulder to shoulder: 14”
- Length front down zipper: 16,7”
- Length back 22,4”