This rare vest has many nicknames. “Tanker Vest” and “Paramarine Vest” among others. They were used in China by The Marines in the late 1940’s and later in the Korean conflict in the early 1950’s, as they grew popular among marines to protect them against the harsh climate. The two we have for sale are the early dark olive green versions.
- Dark olive green
- Cotton Poplin outer
- Thick alpaca wool inner
- Brass Conmar “Bell” zipper
- Stenciled with number 42 on the back
Versatile garment that can be used as a layering piece in winter over or under a denim/leather jacket. Works well with a shirt for spring as well.
Condition: (G-) Missing a few teeth in the zipper, and it cannot run all the way to the top. Vest has been taken in at the back (see pics) for a better fit and without the lower back folding up as it often does. Minor fraying at the edges. Other than that, like new.
- Size: No size is marked. In our opinion it would fit a mens modern size L with a thin layer under or a size M or even a small with a jacket/sweatshirt under. Please see measurements before purchase:
- Pit to pit: 21,5”
- Shoulder to shoulder: 14”
- Length front down zipper: 16,5”
- Length back 22”